Karen Welfare Association of WA Inc. shall be solely for Social Welfare and Supportive projects for the benefit of the Karen and Local community in Australia, (intercontinental) around the world and without prejudice.
Our objectives are:-
- To work and collaborate with the Government, Non-Government Agencies and Religious / Non-Religious Organizations in and around the region when/where aid is
- To undertake and foster development of the Karen culture, literature and language.
- To promote the image of the Karen community and foster mutual respect and collaborate with the other ethnic communities in
- To assist other bona fide organizations by providing social welfare and
- To provide assistance/aid for Education facilities for individuals and families in Refugee Camps, orphanages, aged care facilities and find sponsors for children to enable them to further their
- To provide aid to other Karen people and families in distress and/or affected by atrocities.
- To provide Settlement assistance for new arrivals and migrants in
- To Provide services to the community
- Vocational Education and Training for the community
- Job information and employment
- counseling services to the general community
- central contact for seekers of Karen Translators/Interpreters
- Establish and build on Youth groups and empower recreational activities
- General assistance and referral of other services and matters where required
- The property and income of the Association shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects or purposes of the Association and no part of that property or income may be paid or otherwise distributed, directly or indirectly, to members of the Association, except in good faith in the promotion of those objects or purposes.